The Presidents’ Award is presented at Law Day Luncheon each year and honors exceptional service to the public and the legal profession.
John U. Bird Judicial Excellence Award
In remembrance of Judge John U. Bird, this award recognizes a member of the present judiciary who demonstrates high ideals, personal character, judicial competence and service.
George W. Greer Judicial Independence Award
In recognition of exemplary demonstration of Judicial Independence.
Allen L. Moore Gold Badge Award
This award recognizes an outstanding law enforcement officer in north Pinellas County who has best demonstrated the ideals and objectives of our legal system and of the United States Constitution by virtue of:
•Promoting a better understanding of the legal system, the persons who operate within it,
and its functions;
• Creating, by act of example, a greater respect for the law and our system of justice;
• Stimulating a sense of community awareness and pride in the law as well as a sense of
individual responsibility as to rights and responsibilities.
Ralph Richards Award
Presented to a member of the Clearwater Bar Association, this award recognizes an extraordinary sense of care, dedication, concern and service to both the legal profession and the community at large as exemplified by the late Ralph Richards.
Liberty Bell Award
The Liberty Bell Award is presented to a non-lawyer for outstanding service in one of the following areas:
• Promoting a better understanding of the Constitution and Bill of Rights;
• Encouraging a greater respect for law and the courts;
• Stimulating a deeper sense of individual responsibility so that citizens recognize their duties
as well as their rights;
• Contributing to the effective functioning of our institutions of government;
• Fostering a better understanding and appreciation of the rule of law.